At the last Parish AGM, a proposal was put forward to change Mass times, which mostly affect the current Masses during the week.
Having further discussed this matter with the Pastoral Parish Council, I would like to hold a process of consultation by asking for your comments and/or suggestions on the proposal to change Mass times. For your information, the table below has a list of current and proposed Mass times:
|Day of the week||Current Mass Times||Proposed Mass Times|
|Saturday Evening (Vigil)||6.30pm||6.00pm|
The reasons for the change of Mass times are:
- The new Mass times are more consistent and will be easier for parishioners to remember. There will no longer be a need to change Mass times for public holidays on an ad hoc basis.
- The times for morning Masses will encourage more parents to attend after they drop-off their children at school. It is also to encourage children from the school to attend daily Mass on a weekly basis.
- It will be easier for retirees and senior parishioners to follow their routine and attend Mass at a later time in the morning.
- It will be advantageous for the senior parishioners to attend the Saturday Vigil Mass from 6.00pm in winter and not have to worry about going out to the car park in the dark.
- Parishioners who work will find 6:00pm a more convenient time on Tuesday and Friday evenings to attend Mass.
Please write your comments on a slip of paper available in the Church Foyer and place it in the wooden box labeled “Your comments/suggestions on Mass times”.
The closing date for comments will be Tuesday 28th March 2017. Your participation in this consultation process is important and will assist members of the Parish Council to be better informed in their deliberation and decision.
Fr. Phong Nguyen