The Most Rev Timothy Costelloe SDB
Archbishop of Perth
26 April 2021
Dear brothers and sisters in Christ,
The Perth and Peel lockdown will end as planned from 12.01am, Tuesday 27 April 2021.
A post-lockdown transition will be in place from 12.01am, Tuesday 27 April to 12.01am, Saturday 1 May, 2021.
The following measures will be in place:
• face masks must been worn in public, while at work and on public transport unless exemptions apply;
• a 20-person limit applies for private indoor and outdoor gatherings;
• a 20-patron capacity limit and 4sqm rule will apply for places of worship;
• no visitors will be permitted to aged and disability care facilities and hospitals, except for compassionate reasons and advocacy;
• weddings and funerals can proceed with up to 100 guests, but will require an exemption and COVID Event Plan; and
• schools, childcare centres and TAFEs will re-open – mask-wearing requirements apply for all school staff and secondary students, but not primary school students or staff when teaching.
It is mandatory for places of worships and all Archdiocesan workplaces to have available the SafeWA App and/or paper based contact register for clergy, parishioners, staff, contractors and visitors.
Regional travel restrictions will be removed, but restrictions on travel to remote Aboriginal communities remain in place.
Anyone in an unaffected region who has been in Perth or Peel since 17 April must comply with mask-wearing requirements.
The WA Government’s full announcement outlining all restrictions relevant to the lockdown can be found at: End of lockdown in Perth and Peel (www.wa.gov.au)
Further updates relevant to the Archdiocese of Perth will be communicated on an ongoing basis in response to these developing circumstances and made available on the dedicated COVID-19 page on the website of the Archdiocese of Perth: http://www.perthcatholic.org.au/COVID19.htm
Yours sincerely in Christ
Most Rev. Timothy Costelloe SDB
Archbishop of Perth