St. Thomas More Catholic Church
100 Dean Road, Bateman, Western Australia 6150
11 April 2020
Dear Bateman Parishioners,
Although today may not be filled with the glorious gatherings, delicious brunches, and family Easter egg hunts we’re accustomed to, Jesus Christ has still conquered the grave, and no virus, cancellations, or any circumstance can change that.
Let us rejoice in this most important day! Try to find joy in the small blessings: the sunshine and blooming flowers, and also in the hope we have knowing our Saviour has conquered death.
Our church is praying for you, and we look forward to gathering together again soon!
You can watch the Easter Vigil Mass on Holy Saturday 11th April from 7.00pm and Easter Sunday Mass, 12th April 2020 from 10.00am via this link
“He is not here, for he has been raised just as he said.” – Matthew 28:6
On behalf of the Clergy at St. Thomas More Catholic Church, Bateman Parish, I would like to express our sincere gratitude to the following groups of people:
• Members of our Parish Office Staff for their tremendous support and encouragement.
• All members of the Parish Pastoral Council for their dedication, great efforts, and wonderful work in reaching out to make connection with parishioners through various communicationc at this very challenging time .
• Members of the Parish Liturgical Committeefor your kind assistance in the planning and preparation for the live streaming of all Masses and Liturgical Celebrationsfor Holy Week and Easter Sunday.
• Our dedicated “Live-streamed” team of Bateman Parishioners who has been enthusiastically rehearsing and kindly assisting in the celebration at all Masses and Holy Week Services online. In a special way, our heartfelt thanks to Matthew Lim for his excellent technical support, members of the Youth Music Ministry led by Daniel and Heidy Lu, and members of our committed Parish Music Ministry with talented musicians and singers: Daphne Rawung, Brendan D’Sa, Olivia Morais, Sandra Nair, Stephen Wong, and George Lopez. They truly take pride in what they have been doing to make it possible for all our Bateman Parishioners to connect online and prayerfully join in the Triduum and Easter Services.
• Thank you wholeheartedly to all our Parishioners for faithfully participating in prayers over our live-stream of Masses during Holy Week and Easter. We can imagine how difficult it is for you not to be able to receive Holy Communion, especially at these very significant celebrations in our Christian liturgical calendar. Even though we are physically separated due to the Covid-19 pandemic circumstances, we believe that “nothing can separate us from the love of Christ”, who has conquered sin and death through His wondrous resurrection to bring us new life at Easter.
We wish you and your family a holy and happy Easter!
From: Fr. Phong, Fr. Simeon, Fr. Thi, and Deacon Bruce.