Temporary Suspension of the Public Celebration of the Mass due to Covid 19 – A message from Archbishop Costelloe SDB.
This temporary suspension of public Masses within the Archdiocese of Perth is in place for an initial period of two weeks between Wednesday 18 March 2020 and Wednesday 1 April 2020. More details on www.perthcatholic.org.au
The Sunday Obligation for the faithful does not apply during this time of emergency. We encourage you to mark this time with prayer, scripture readings (www.Universalis.com) or praying with an online Mass being broadcast.
‘Mass on Demand’ (Online) and ‘Mass for You at Home’ (Television)
- Online: ‘Mass on Demand’, a daily service of the Australian Catholic Bishops Conference and CathNews can be accessed online at: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYRq7AjVimr-hcHFJD_HVaQ
- Free-to-air Television: ‘Mass for You at Home’ is shown at 6.00am every Sunday morning on Channel 10.
- More resources and details are available on www.perthcatholic.org.au
Please note the following will also be cancelled for our parish:
- Stations of the Cross on Fridays (20 & 27 March).
- 2nd Rite of reconciliation and Saturday Novena’s.
- We will cancel all Parish ministry meetings for the next two weeks until 1st April. If you deem that there is an urgency for your ministry to meet, please discuss this with the Parish Priest.
Still available during this time:
- 1st Rite of Reconciliation on Saturday’s at 11am & 5pm.
- Eucharistic Adoration: 7am-10am on Wednesday’s.
- If you need pastoral or spiritual support during this time – please contact the Parish Office 9310 1747 or email email@example.com
If you can offer assistance to others during this time, also please contact the office with your details.
Please remember your fellow parishioners who may need support or assistance. We encourage you to reach out to each other and check on those who may need some extra help at this time.
Revisions and updates will be posted online at www.batemancatholic.org
God’s blessings be with you all at this time and remember to pray for all those affected by the coronavirus.
Additional information and resources:
- Prayer Resources for Individuals and Families
The Archdiocese of Perth will be providing a series of prayer and worship resources for individuals and families to use within their homes for the period in which these directives are in effect. Web links to resources are available on the Archdiocese of Perth’s Centre for Liturgy website: http://liturgy.perthcatholic.org.au
Additional links and suggestions for prayer resources will be regularly placed on the Archdiocese of Perth website in the COVID-19 section: www.perthcatholic.org.au
- Public Health Advice
Additional information and access to daily health alerts can be obtained from the Australian Government’s Department of Health: https://www.health.gov.au/health-topics/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov
- Launch of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Campaign
The Australian Government’s Department of Health has launched a national campaign to inform all Australians about the coronavirus (COVID-19). A national campaign has been launched to inform all Australians about the coronavirus (COVID-19). The campaign aims to reduce the risk to individuals and families by enabling them to make informed decisions and to take up health recommendations. The campaign resources can be found at: https://www.health.gov.au/news/launch-of-the-coronavirus-covid-19-campaign
- Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resources
The Australian Government’s Department of Health provides a collection of resources for the general public, health professionals and industry regarding COVID-19, including translated resources. I would ask that you make your respective communities and ministries aware of the existence of these resources which can be found at: https://www.health.gov.au/resources/collections/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov-resources
Thanks and God Bless,
Anton Louie (Parish Council – Effective Communications Coordinator)