Wednesday 25 March 2020
A message from Archbishop Costelloe SDB – Extension of the Temporary Suspension of the Public Celebration of the Mass and Gatherings for Prayer and Worship due to Covid-19.
This temporary suspension of all public Masses and other gatherings for prayer and worship throughout the Archdiocese of Perth until further notice. More details on www.perthcatholic.org.au
The Sunday Obligation for the faithful does not apply during this time of emergency. We encourage you to mark this time with prayer, scripture readings (www.Universalis.com) or praying with an online Mass being broadcast.
‘Mass on Demand’ (Online) and ‘Mass for You at Home’ (Television)
- Online: ‘Mass on Demand’, a daily service of the Australian Catholic Bishops Conference and CathNews can be accessed online at: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYRq7AjVimr-hcHFJD_HVaQ
- Free-to-air Television: ‘Mass for You at Home’ is shown at 6.00am every Sunday morning on Channel 10.
- More resources and details are available on www.perthcatholic.org.au
- Archdiocese Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/perthcatholic/
- The Record YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMFFqA8iYLlIVIb72LXMYFQ/live
Please note the following will also be cancelled for our parish:
- Parish Office is closed until further notice.
- Parish Religious Education Program (PREP) and Sacramental Classes are suspended until further notice.
- We will cancel all Parish ministry meetings and group gatherings until further notice.
- If you deem that there is an urgency for your ministry to meet, please discuss this with the Parish Priest.
Still available during this time with restrictions:
- Baptisms and Confirmations – only in emergency or extreme circumstances.
- Weddings – attendees are to be restricted to the celebrant (1), the couple (2) and the witnesses (2).
- Funerals – restriction of no more than ten (10) people.
- The Sacrament or Penance/Reconciliation – Priests will do their best to respond to individual requests for the Sacrament.
- Holy Communion – at the moment can still be taken by the clergy or even by Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion to the sick, elderly and house-bound parishioners.
- Anointing of the Sick – available to those seriously ill and in danger of death.
If you need pastoral or spiritual support during this time – please contact the Parish Office 9310 1747 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you can offer assistance to others during this time, also please contact the office with your details.
Please remember your fellow parishioners who may need support or assistance. We encourage you to reach out to each other and check on those who may need some extra help at this time.
Revisions and updates will be posted online at:
God’s blessings be with you all at this time and remember to pray for all those affected by the coronavirus.
Please find the PDF version in the link below: